Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Purchase!

So when I found that ad in Craigslist for a 1,500 sq foot stick built house for sale to be moved to your lot. I seriously thought it was a joke. You see we live in the same neighborhood I grew up in ...to be exact I live in the house I grew up in! Back in the day it was a nice quiet area where we roamed freely on the streets and ended up playing cowboys and indians or kick the can until dark. Fast forward a few years decades and now we are two doors down to the head of a nasty gang and have had multiple shootings at that house. We own several acres in the country so we began to immediately look for options to move out there. Our first thought was a manufactured home we could put at the side of the land then eventually build our dream home. WRONG!! Covenants say it must be stick built. Back to the drawing board and since we didn't have enough monies to build yet we just sat tight and prayed every night us & our home would be safe. So that brings me to my excitement over the house. I immediately called and found the address to the house and went to look. It was a DOT sale and he said it had failed auction twice but for $1700 it could be mine. I immediately drove the 2 hours to the office and paid him and bought a house sight unseen! Yep I had never actually been in the house just peeked in a few windows. We waited almost 2 weeks for the key to come...and when it did I made the trip out to see my house. I loved it!! everything about it..yes it isn't fancy with vaulted ceiling or a master suite or even a bathroom you can open the door...oh wait you can't open the door you say?? nope it hits the toilet.. ok so that was the worst thing about the entire house...the rest I love and can see our family living there for a long time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment